Thursday, February 10, 2011

A new name, a new year, a new hobby!

We ran out of Colonial Country Club, hugged our families and were driven in a vintage 1940s Packard to the Ashton Hotel where we spent our wedding night exhausted and ready to be on the beach already beginning our lives as husband and wife! That's is how the picture above can be continued. And now I have a new last name, its a new year and I am hoping that this is the beginning of a new hobby.

I always enjoyed writing in my diary as a girl. Over the summer I went home to Abilene and found my very first diary still with the heart-shaped lock on it but unfortunately there was no key. I tried a couple ways to pry it open but gave up quickly. I started to think...maybe its best kept locked. I am sure there are trivial and dumb things written in there that would be embarrassing to even visit (like my crush on  Macaulay Culkin when he was in the movie Richie Rich). After the diary phase I fell into a journal phase. I wrote in journals all the time. Most journals were about what boy I had a crush on that week or how I felt about myself that day. Some journals were religious themed. I would do a bible study and write journal passages based on what I felt. One journal in particular was 'N SYNC themed. Oh "The Story." These were all written by hand, on paper. In college, I began writing journal entries in word documents. My old computer is in Abilene and isn't hooked up, but sometimes I think about plugging that old desktop in to retrieve those electronic journals. I am sure they were interesting since they were during my first couple years of college! That was the last time I really wrote. I enjoyed writing to no one; knowing no one else was ever going to read what my true thoughts and feelings were. Then came emails. My first group of girlfriends in college and I would write each other throughout the summer about what was going on while we were away from each other and keeping each other in the loop. I guess that was a form of journal writing.

So here I am now. Blogging. I have to give credit to friends Lauren McMurrey, Erika McWilliams and Taylor Green for inspiring me. I have enjoyed reading their blogs over the months (although I miss Taylor's blog!) I am sure there will be entries where I will be doing the same as I always did...writing to no one and I am okay with that. I would be surprised if Hunter even read half the stuff I will put on here! Since I don't have baby news to blog about like some of my friends, I am hoping to post fun things that Hunter and I are up to and share about trips we've gone on! Since the wedding, we've already done a lot of fun things and visited a number of fun places! For those that care enough to read what I have to say, I thought a blog would be a fun way to keep you up to date on what was going on in the life of Mrs. Adrienne Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment